Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful;
And kindle in them the fire of your love.
Holy Trinity's Confirmation program
Holy Trinity's Confirmation program works to prepare our young people's hearts for the Sacrament of Confirmation by teaching them through words, experiences, and actions what it is to be a disciple in community.
Our program focuses on the meaning of Christian discipleship, membership in the Body of Christ, and life in the Holy Trinity and greater Catholic/Christian community.
In 7th grade, or the year before a child celebrates Confirmation, students are to participate in Religious Education and our 7th grade Confirmation service program. In 8th grade, or the year a candidate celebration Confirmation, students are to participate in Religious Education AND our Confirmation preparation program.
Confirmation Preparation Program
Usually in 8th grade
- '17-'18 Program Calendar
- During the program year candidates do a service activity or project.
- Service proposal due September 11th.
- During retreats and sessions candidates participate in small faith sharing communities.
- Mini-retreat (in January)
- Rite of Enrollment (in January)
- Call each candidate by name during Sunday mass.
- Saint Reflection
- Online form will be sent out. Candidate writes their reflection into the form
- Directions (turn in process to be edited)
- 4 sessions (January, February, March, April)- register for either A or B.
- A sessions
- Wednesdays from 6:30-9:00 pm (pizza is served)
- starting in Upper School Cafeteria
- B sessions
- Thursdays from 3:45-5:45 pm
- starting in McKenna Hall
- A sessions
- Full Day Retreat (May 6)
- Meet in McKenna Hall at 7:20-7:30 am
- bus to and from The Claggett Center
- Return around 6:00 pm
- Confirmation Conversation (May)
- One on one conversation reflecting over the preparation process
- Online sign-up for 20 minute slots will be sent out in the Spring.
- Service Reflection due May 20th
- Confirmation in May or June (set by the Bishop’s office)
- Online sign up will be sent out once the two dates are set by the Bishop.
Confirmation Preparation Program Requirements
To participate, Holy Trinity Confirmation candidates must:
- Be baptized in the Roman Catholic Church (If your child is not, please contact the Youth Ministry department to discuss the situation and options)
- Have participated in Religious Education classes through Sunday Morning RE, Holy Trinity School, or another Catholic School during 2016-2017
- Enroll in Religious Education classes through Sunday Morning RE, Holy Trinity School, or another Catholic School during 2017-2018 AS WELL AS in this Confirmation preparation program
- Commit to full participation in the Confirmation program
Registration for Confirmation Preparation Program
Participation in this program usually takes place during 8th grade.
Students of high school age who have not been confirmed for whatever reason and wish to enter into preparation for the Sacrament of Confirmation may register for the confirmation program & indicate their grade.
The deadline for registration is August 1, 2017.
The information gathered through this registration process will be used for parish sacramental records as well as by the Confirmation Preparation team.
What you’ll need in order to register:
- Health insurance information
- Baptismal certificate (if not baptized at Holy Trinity)
- Confirmation sponsor’s name and contact information
We look forward to celebrating with your family as your child takes this important step on their faith journey.
Confirmation Preparation Program registration is SEPARATE FROM Sunday RE registration and HTS. Registering for the Confirmation Preparation Program is the only way for youth to prepare for Confirmation at Holy Trinity.
Choosing a Sponsor
- Sponsor must be a confirmed Catholic 16 years of age or older as of October 1.
- Sponsor must be active in his/her faith and Christian life.
- Sponsor may not be the candidate’s father or mother (preferably, the sponsor is someone outside of the immediate family).
check out Who is a Sponsor?