50 Plus Group
Welcome to the Holy Trinity 50 Plus Group, AKA: HT 50+
We invite all parishioners over age 50--working and retired, single and married--to participate in a range of activities to
Now is the time to make your reservations for the eighth annual winter weekend gathering of Holy Trinity 50+ adults. The winter weekend is scheduled for January 25-27, 2019 and will be held once again at The Antrim 1844, a Country House Hotel located in Taneytown, MD, near the Pennsylvania border. This event offers a delightful opportunity for relaxed conversation and meals, renewing fellowship with old friends, welcoming newcomers, and enjoying Mass together. The mid-winter weekend provides a get-away opportunity in a lovely setting that reflects the natural beauty of the Maryland countryside as well as easy access to local historical sites such as the Gettysburg Battlefield, the St. Elizabeth Seton shrine in Emmitsburg, MD, and local art and antique galleries. Details about the hotel and nearby areas can be found at www.antrim1844.com. New parishioners are especially welcome.
Note that space for the 2019 weekend is limited. Reservations must be made before November 19 to ensure the discount rate associated with the Holy Trinity space. The coordinators for the 2019 winter week-end are Laurie Wallace (email@example.com) and Rosemary Chalk (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact either of us if you would like further information or plan to register for the event.
Seminars will be held in the home of Jim and Marcia Thessin. Munchies, dessert, and a variety of beverages will be served. Carpooling will be available. RSVP to email@example.com. See the attached file for more information.
- October 22: Essential Financial and Legal Planning Issues for Older Adults
- November 8: Care Coordination – What, When, How and How Much?
SAVE THE DATE:For the HT 50+ excursion and showing of TCM Big Screen Classic of Irving Berlin’s White Christmas presented by Fathom Events followed by dinner at Clydes.
Welcoming American Airlines Honor Flight #9475 on Saturday November 3 at Reagan National Airport Terminal C
Honor Flights carry planeloads of veterans who come to DC to tour the memorials. When they disembark, they are greeted by a welcome group cheering them on. A band often plays military music as well. It is a way to honor those who have given so much so that we can have the freedoms we have today.
- Participants need to apply for a gate pass at https://honorflightdca.com/
schedule no later than October 28. Scroll down till you come to flight #9475 American Airlines. You will find the link to get your gate pass there. The Honor flight staff will e-mail details about the flight 24-48 hours before the flight.
- Please contact Katie Annulli at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you are coming and for instructions on where to meet as a group.
- September 15: Kick-Off Dinner
- September 15: Roosevelt Island Walk
- September 21-23: Camp Trinity
- October 22: Seminar; Legal and Financial Issues Regarding Aging
- October 16: Volunteer at Father McKenna Center
- November 3: Honor Flight, Reagan National Airport.
- November 8: Seminar; Coordinating Care As We Age, Including Assisted
- December 9: Big Screen showing of Turner Classic Movie, White Christmas Dinner after the show at nearby Clyde’s
- December 4: Advent Day of Reflection.
- December 15: Roosevelt Island Walk
- January 25-27: Annual Weekend Getaway The Antrim, Taneytown MD
- February 9: Breakfast and Talk at the Home of a Fellow Parishioner
- February: Seminar; Memory Issues
- February 26: Volunteer at Father McKenna Center
- March 10: Potluck Supper and Sing-A-Long
- March: Seminar on Aging (Topic TBD)
- March 16: Roosevelt Island Walk
- June 15: Roosevelt Island Walk
- June (Date TBD) End-of-year Dinner
For more information or to be placed on the mailing list, please contact
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE YEAR
January 26-28, 2018: Annual Weekend Getaway: The Holy Trinity 50+ adults gathered at The Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel located in Taneytown, MD, January 26-28, 2018 for the seventh annual Mid-Winter Getaway weekend. The event offered a delightful opportunity for relaxed conversation and meals, renewing fellowship with old friends, welcoming newcomers, and enjoying Mass together.
Coordinators: Laurie Wallace (email@example.com) or Rosemary Chalk (firstname.lastname@example.org).