50 Plus Group
Welcome to the Holy Trinity 50 Plus Group, AKA: HT 50+
We invite all parishioners over age 50--working and retired, single and married--to participate in a range of activities to
The Older Adult Education Program
The older adult education program is a new pastoral education initiative for a growing cohort of the Holy Trinity parish community. This seminar series is designed to bring information, strategies and resources to a new level of awareness and assist with planning for grace-filled and healthy futures.
Seminars will be held in the home of Jim and Marcia Thessin. Munchies, dessert, and a variety of beverages will be served. Carpooling MAY BE available. RSVP to email@example.com. See the attached file for more information.
- February 12, 2019: Memory Issues
- March 12, 2019: Personal and Environmental Safety
Contact Bonnie Shelor for reservations (do not purchase your own ticket as Holy Trinity is purchasing group tickets).
Schedule of Activities 2018-2019
- September 15: Kick-Off Dinner
- September 15: Roosevelt Island Walk
- September 21-23: Camp Trinity
- October 22: Seminar; Legal and Financial Issues Regarding Aging
- October 16: Volunteer at Father McKenna Center
- November 3: Honor Flight, Reagan National Airport.
- November 8: Seminar; Coordinating Care As We Age, Including Assisted
- December 9: Big Screen showing of Turner Classic Movie, White Christmas Dinner after the show at nearby Clyde’s
- December 4: Advent Day of Reflection.
- December 15: Roosevelt Island Walk
- January 25-27: Annual Weekend Getaway The Antrim, Taneytown MD
- February 9: Breakfast and Talk at the Home of a Fellow Parishioner
- February 12: Seminar: Memory Issues
- February 21: Outing to the Museum of the Bible with Lunch
- February 26: Volunteer at Father McKenna Center
- March 10: Potluck Supper and Sing-A-Long
- March 12: Seminar on Aging: Personal and Environmental Safety
- March 16: Roosevelt Island Walk
- May 18: Full Day Bus Trip to the Maryland Jesuit Historic Sites
- June 15: Roosevelt Island Walk
- June (Date TBD) End-of-year Dinner
For more information or to be placed on the mailing list, please contact
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE YEAR
January 26-28, 2018: Annual Weekend Getaway: The Holy Trinity 50+ adults gathered at The Antrim 1844 Country House Hotel located in Taneytown, MD, January 26-28, 2018 for the seventh annual Mid-Winter Getaway weekend. The event offered a delightful opportunity for relaxed conversation and meals, renewing fellowship with old friends, welcoming newcomers, and enjoying Mass together.
Coordinators: Laurie Wallace (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Rosemary Chalk (email@example.com).