This Agreement applies to all uses of any part of the Site. We may restrict, suspend, or revoke your registration or ability to access or use the Site, or any affiliated site, with or without prior notice, if you violate this Agreement.
1. Changes to This Agreement
By continuing to use this Site after we post changes to the Agreement, you agree to be bound by those changes. If you do not agree to the changes, you must stop using the Site and notify us of your intent to terminate this Agreement by following the procedures described in section 13, below.
3. Your License to Use the Site
We encourage you to use the Site for non-commercial purposes, and, subject to the provisions of this Agreement and for non-commercial purposes, you may hyperlink to items of interest on the Site.
Subject to the provisions of this Agreement, you may distribute individual copies of occasional items of interest on the Site for non-commercial purposes by electronic mail or in print as long as you distribute those copies, in the aggregate, to identifiable groups of individuals you know, distribute them without modification, addition, or alteration, and identify Holy Trinity Catholic Church as the source of the material. If you wish to distribute our content to larger groups, please contact us for permission. Your right to hyperlink to or distribute portions of the Site is non-exclusive and revocable at our option, and such hyperlinking or distribution is permitted only if it is not in a context that portrays Holy Trinity Catholic Church or the Site in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner.
Except as permitted by the preceding paragraph, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, enter into a database, display, perform, modify, create derivative works, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of this Site or use it for commercial purposes without our specific consent.
The Site has been specially designed for presentation of content in a unique format and appearance to our users. Without limiting the provisions of this section, neither you nor any third party shall make use of the contents of the Site in any manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or the rights of any provider of content to our site, including copyright rights or any use that has not been authorized. Among other restrictions, you agree not to republish or frame content from our site in a setting that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with the Site.
5. Notice of Copyright Infringement
If you believe in good faith that your copyrighted work has been reproduced on or linked from the Site without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact our designated copyright agent at the address below. Provided that your notification provides sufficient information, we will take down from our site content that is identified as infringing, subject to the requirements of copyright law.
Your notification should include the following information:
- (a) identification of the copyrighted work you believe is infringed;
- (b) identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Site that you are requesting that we remove;
- (c) your name, address and daytime telephone number, and an e-mail address if available, so that we may contact you if necessary;
- (d) a statement that you have a good-faith belief that the use of the copyrighted work is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- (e) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the signatory is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright right that is allegedly infringed; and
- (f) an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner’s behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
Our copyright agent for notice of claims of infringement on the Site is:
Director of Communications
Holy Trinity Catholic Church
3513 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20007
6. Prohibited Conduct
By using the Site, you agree not to:
- (a) violate any applicable law in connection with your use of the Site;
- (b) delete or revise any material or other information of any other user, Holy Trinity, or any third party;
- (c) harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent;
- (d) take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Site’s infrastructure;
- (e) use any device, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activity conducted on the Site;
- (f) use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent or other device or mechanism (including, without limitation, browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search the Site other than the search engine and search agents available on the Site and other than generally available third-party web browsers, except that if you are the operator of a bona fide Internet search engine service available to the general public, you may access the Site using robots or similar devices only to the extent not prohibited by us using machine-readable instructions posted on the Site;
- (g) attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site;
- (h) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which, in our judgment, exposes us or any of our users, affiliates, or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type; or
- (i) take any other action that could endanger or cause damage to us, other users of the Site, or other third parties.
You further agree not to violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site, including, without limitation:
- (a) accessing data not intended for you or logging into a server or account that you are not authorized to access;
- (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- (c) attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by way of submitting a virus to, or overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mailbombing,” or “crashing” the Site;
- (d) sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services, to or through the Site or with reference to us or the Site; or
- (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or posting.
- Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We may investigate and work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who are involved in such violations.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. We may investigate and work with law enforcement authorities to prosecute users who are involved in such violations.
We may, as a convenience to users, provide links to third-party content and other web sites on or through the Site. We do not endorse, sponsor, or accept any responsibility for such material. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties
This Site is available “as is.” We do not warrant that this Site will be uninterrupted or error-free. There may be delays, omissions, interruptions and inaccuracies in the news, information or other materials available through this Site. We are not responsible for the availability or content of other services that may be linked to this Site. We do not make any warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to this Site or any information or goods that are available or advertised or sold through this Site. We do not make any representations, nor do we endorse the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other material or database displayed, uploaded or distributed in this Site or available though links in this Site. We reserve the right, but disclaim any obligation, to correct any errors or omissions in this Site. Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, “Trojan horses” or other destructive materials to this Site, we do not guarantee or warrant that this Site or materials that may be obtained from this Site do not contain such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features. If you rely on this Site and any materials available through this Site, you do so solely at your own risk.
10. Limitation of Liability
You acknowledge that your use of the Site is exclusively at your own risk, and you agree that Holy Trinity, its affiliates, officers, managers, employees, agents and licensors will not be liable for incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business or loss of data, in any way related to this Site or for any claim, loss or injury based on negligence (including gross negligence), errors, omissions, interruptions or other inaccuracies in this Site (including without limitation as a result of breach of any warranty or other term of this Agreement). Any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of this Site.
11. Severability and Integration
Unless otherwise specified herein, the Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Holy Trinity and governs your use of this Site, superseding any prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and us. If any portion of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, the original intention of the parties, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
12. No Waiver
Our failure to enforce any provision(s) of the Agreement or respond to a breach by any party does not waive our right to subsequently enforce any terms or conditions of the Agreement or respond to any breaches.
We may terminate this Agreement and/or suspend or terminate your access to the Site for any reason at any time by providing notice to you. If you wish to discontinue your access to the Site and terminate this Agreement, you may make such a request by email to the contact specified in Section 16. Sections 6 through 15 of the Agreement will survive any such termination.
14. Choice of Law and Forum
You agree that this Agreement will be governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia, without regard to choice of law rules. You agree that any claim or dispute against Holy Trinity arising out of or relating to this Site must be resolved by a court located in Washington, D.C. unless agreed upon by all parties.
You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and Holy Trinity as a result of this Agreement or your access to and use of the Site.
Nothing contained in this Agreement is in derogation of our right to comply with governmental, court, and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Site or information provided to or gathered by us with respect to such use.
Please contact the Director of Communications if you have any questions or comments about this Agreement at the address below:
Holy Trinity Catholic Church
Attention: Director of Communications
3513 N Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20007