Jobs at Holy Trinity
To apply to any open positions, please submit a cover letter and resumé to Angela Grady, Director of Human Resources. No calls please.
Coordinator, K –8 Religious Education
Title: Coordinator, K –8 Religious Education
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: The Coordinator, Religious Education K – 8 assists the Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation and Religious Education in all aspects of the Sunday-morning religious education programming, with an emphasis on curriculum development and catechist outreach. This position frequently interacts with groups of students and parishioners, and the coordinator is expected to provide excellent customer service to all.
Supervisor: Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation and Religious Education (P A FF/RE)
- Collaborate with the Pastoral Associate for Faith Formation and Religious Education in establishing learning objectives for the Sunday morning program
- Prepare comprehensive curriculum and grade-level syllabi annually and ensure catechists are trained in use
- Research, organize and prepare catechetical resources, including annual catechist binders, curriculum resources and seasonal resources
- Recruit new catechists and substitutes, conduct orientation and ensure each is VIRTUS-compliant; maintain accurate rosters of all catechists and substitutes; confirm returning catechists and grade-level preferences; process outgoing catechists
- Assist the P A FF/RE in preparation and presentation of catechetical workshops, catechetical training sessions and other special presentations, including:
- ensuring room arrangements are correct, setting up materials and/or food and returning rooms are cleaned and locked afterward
- leading sessions for catechists, parents and volunteers on program activities, providing resources and accurate information and following up where required
- Prepare annual calendars for RE program and related events in collaboration with P A FF/RE; update parish calendars and room assignments, advising staff where necessary
- Provide timely support to catechist requests for resources and ensure all items are ready for catechists on Sunday morning
- Maintain the RE Resource Office, ensuring it is “Sunday-ready” each week and ensure that items are current and inventory is sufficient
- Direct special seasonal events programing Saints parade, Journey to Bethlehem; Stations of the Cross, Marian Procession, 3-5 year old Bible Story Hour
- Assist with Class Liturgy Preparation, working with the catechists to prepare the class for their celebration including:
- training volunteers to assist in Class Mass preparation
- working with catechist and Liturgy volunteers at the rehearsal
- assisting the Liturgy volunteer with ministries on the day of the Class Mass as needed
- working with other staff (Liturgy, Music) as needed
- coordinating the donation of the gifts the class collected
- Ensure timely and accurate communications for RE programs, including bulletin items, bulletin boards and staff announcements
- Schedule substitutes, providing lesson plans and support as needed
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with other staff and FF/RE staff
- Support sacramental preparation and celebrations as needed
- Attend staff meetings (parish and departmental) and Education Committee meetings
- An active commitment to and appreciation for the Catholic Tradition.
- Must be or become VIRTUS-compliant and meet all ADW requirements
- Appropriate education and experience necessary to assist in design and implementation of catechetical content in compliance with Archdiocesan guidelines
- Experienced in MS Suite and Google applications; fearless with technology
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with others in an office where priorities may shift
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Expert communications skills, including an ability to present information to groups of catechists, parents and students with clarity and ease
- Desire for continued professional growth
- Work week: Tuesday-Friday and Sunday mornings
- Occasional Saturdays and evenings as required
- Physical demands: sitting at a computer in a shared space and standing per a normal working environment; frequent lifting and reaching overhead; walking up and down stairs, pushing carts, carrying materials
Position Description: This position provides for the maintenance of the parish buildings and grounds. Parish buildings consist of Church, Chapel, Parish Offices, Upper School and Lower School. The employee will perform related custodial and maintenance duties to ensure parishioners, staff, and students have a sanitary, safe, and functional working environment. This work includes, but is not limited to, preventative maintenance, repairs and renovations, locking and unlocking of buildings, set-ups and take-downs for all community events, cleaning duties in and around campus facilities, and responding to emergency calls for service. Working closely with employees and the public to meet the standards of excellence at Holy Trinity is necessary.
Supervisor: Director of Facilities
- Schedule, coordinate, direct and perform routine and comprehensive preventative/reactionary maintenance of assigned facilities.
- Heavy duty cleaning, pressure washing, clean ups after pipe bursts, pick up litter around exterior.
- Remove trash in accordance with established procedures.
- Keep a running count of maintenance supplies and let Facilities Director know when more supplies need to be procured.
- Report and respond to emergency calls for maintenance assistance.
- Respond to service requests, coordinate resources and implement the set-up and take-down of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of campus and community events.
- Perform various maintenance and custodial duties such as installation and repair to fixtures in restrooms, labs and classrooms.
- Troubleshoot and repair plumbing, mechanical, and electrical problems; replaces a variety of light bulbs, lighting accessories, plumbing fixtures, etc.
- Identify stains and use proper chemicals for removal.
- Perform minor grounds keeping duties.
- Maintain tests and evaluate supplies and equipment.
- Operate power equipment such as scissor lift, carpet extractors, pressure washer, hand and power tools and campus vehicles.
- Participate in all snow removal and emergency personnel activities.
- Serve school in a variety of needs, including, drop off/dismissal set-up, recess set-up, lunch time trash removal, milk dispersal, moving boxes, unclogging toilets, etc.
- Willingness to perform other duties as needed.
- A basic working knowledge of carpentry (Small framing jobs, finish carpentry, door and window repair, caulking, etc.)
- A basic working knowledge of plumbing (Replacing parts on toilets, urinals and sinks, unclogging/snaking drains, etc.)
- A basic working knowledge of electrical (Replacing lights, ballasts and circuit breakers, the ability to diagnose small electrical issues)
- A basic working knowledge of mechanical (Servicing fan coil units, changing filters, monitoring temperatures in all buildings to ensure system is functioning correctly, the ability to diagnose small mechanical issues)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and comfortable climbing ladders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are Sunday/ Saturday 6:30am to 3:00pm; Tuesday – Thursday 12:30pm – 9:00pm. The candidate should be able to work overtime as necessary (Christmas and Easter Season, emergencies, etc.)
Candidate will be exposed to climate change as well as fumes to perform duties.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it (202) 337-9048.
Holy Trinity School is looking for energetic and motivated substitute teachers to work with students at all levels, from pre-kindergarten to eighth grade. The best candidates for substitute teacher jobs have a bachelor’s degree and enjoy working with children. They are flexible and have some sort of education experience. Official experience and/or teaching certification are good, but we welcome those with informal experience too. For example, if you have worked as a tutor, child care provider or babysitter, you could be a great asset to our school.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.