Do Something Good for Your Neighbor
At Holy Trinity, our faith and Ignatian tradition call us to build a more just world that upholds dignity, equality and access to social and economic opportunity for all. During this unprecedented time, the needs of our local and international community continue. We have provided ongoing opportunities from our social justice volunteers and partners. To explore additional opportunities for individuals and families, please refer to our 2021 Fall Volunteer Guide.
Migrant Familia Needs
As our familia grows, so do our needs. The USCIS processing times are only lengthening. We used to wait months for applications, and now families may wait years. This has a domino effect and means delays in work permits and delays in independence. We are grateful to CAIR Coalition, Just Neighbors, Restoration Immigration, and Catholic University Immigration & Refugee Advocacy Clinic who provide legal counsel for members of our familia. Thank you for your continued support of the Migrant Fund which covers expenses related to housing, legal support, food security, and healthcare. We maintain an Amazon Wish List for all families.
There are many ways to support our families! (Revised 7.20.22)
- We are collecting backpacks for members of our Migrant Team. Sign up to purchase supplies and drop off at the parish center. Gift cards to Target are also appreciated so that families can purchase uniforms. Gift cards may be left in the collection basket during Mass.
- Open volunteer opportunities. Please continue to email us with furniture donations. However, our ability to accept items is determined by need, available labor and storage space. If you are able to bring the item to the storage, even better! We appreciate your understanding. We will continue to update our Amazon Wish List with needed items. All items should be shipped to the parish center.
- Bernard Family (Haitian family of 5- speaks Spanish):
- Creole translator
- Sorokolit Family (arriving August 28 from Ukraine)
- Bicycle with child carrier
- Bicycle for 5 year old
- Small table and 4 chairs
- Bedside tables
For more information about our HT Migrant Team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOME Snack Bags Continue in 2022
We have collected over 30,000 snack bags since May 2020! The next collections are July 23 and August 27. We collect between 10am and 12pm at the corner of 36th & O Streets. Advance drop off is available in Alexandria, Arlington, and Chevy Chase.
Cupcake Bakers Needed
Weekend Suppers in Georgetown
Volunteer for the weekend Georgetown Suppers. Started in 2013 by parishioners and maintained during COVID, a group of volunteers serve an average of 50 homeless men and women each weekend.
For more information about supporting the Sunday Suppers hosted at Holy Trinity, contact Mike Conway
Holy Trinity participates with other Georgetown churches to host Saturday Suppers at Mt. Zion UMC. Dates are listed below. To receive updates about Saturday Supper opportunities, please email email@example.com
Journeying with Youth
Hope and a Home Mentor
Do you have an hour a week to work to assist a student with homework and strengthening math and reading skills? Our tutoring partner, Hope and a Home, is in need of volunteers available to work with elementary students after school and early evenings. All that is required is patience and a willingness to support a struggling student! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more. Learn more about Hope and a Home