7th Grade Confirmation Preparation
This information applies to all students who are interested in being confirmed at Holy Trinity in Spring 2022. A printable version of this information will be made available soon.
Registration for Confirmation preparation is not required until the 8th grade year.
- If a 7th grade student attends a public school or a non-Catholic private school, please register for religious education at Holy Trinity. Registration for religious education may be found here.
- If a 7th grade student attends Holy Trinity School or another Catholic school, no registration for Confirmation preparation is required until his or her 8th grade year.
Faith Formation & Liturgical
All 7th grade students should be consistently attending religious education classes or formal Catholic schooling.
All 7th grade students should be consistently attending Sunday Mass at his or her local parish.
All 7th grade students will research and reflect on a holy individual of his or her choice:
- A canonized saint within the Catholic Church
- A person who is a candidate for canonization within the Catholic Church (“Blessed”, “Venerable”, or “Servant of God” before their name)
- A well-known living or deceased Catholic witness (i.e. Pope Francis, Pedro Arrupe, etc)
- Please do not write about a family member or a personal friend.
Please write on the following questions in the reflection:
- Provide a brief summary of your person’s life.
- Saints can be viewed as both patrons and companions. How do you relate to your person as a patron? How do you relate to your person as a companion?
- ”For me, to be a saint means to be myself.” -Thomas Merton. How can Merton’s insight be applied to your own life?
- How will your person be a model of spirituality and service to you throughout your preparation for Confirmation?
1-2 pages, legible 12 pt font. Written reflection will be submitted via email to Rebecca prior to Fall 2021.
Information on the service component for 7th grade students will be made available soon.