8th Grade Confirmation Preparation
This information applies to all students who are interested in being confirmed at Holy Trinity in Spring 2021. A printable version of this information will be made available soon.
Registration for Confirmation preparation is required for students who are interested in being confirmed at Holy Trinity in Spring 2021. Please note:
- If an 8th grade student attends Holy Trinity School or another Catholic school, please register for Confirmation preparation. Complete all three steps listed here.
- If an 8th grade student attends a public school or a non-Catholic private school, please register for religious education at Holy Trinity and Confirmation preparation. Registration for religious education may be found here.
- Attendance at a Catholic school or registration for religious education does not mean your student is automatically registered for Confirmation preparation.
Faith Formation & Liturgical
All 8th grade students should be consistently attending religious education classes or formal Catholic schooling.
All 8th grade students should be consistently attending Sunday Mass at his or her local parish.
All 8th grade students will:
- Attend all scheduled evening Confirmation preparation sessions. The session dates will be on Holy Trinity’s online public calendar. A printable calendar will be made available soon.
- Attend the one day, off-site retreat in the spring.
- The “Confirmation Conversation” in the spring.
Information on the service component for rising Confirmation candidates will be made available soon.
Candidates for Confirmation, as for Baptism, need the spiritual help of a sponsor. In order to be a sponsor, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- A fully-initiated member of the Catholic Church. This means baptized, received First Holy Communion, and confirmed- all in the Catholic Church.
- Age limit of 16 years of age or older.
- In light of the unity of Baptism and Confirmation, a baptismal godparent is appropriate as a Confirmation sponsor.
- It cannot be the father or mother of the candidate.
Candidates may choose either their baptismal name or the name of a saint that has meaning to them. They are not obligated to choose the saint they wrote about in their saint reflection during the previous year.
Confirmation Masses will be held at Holy Trinity Church on TBA date.
- Due to the capacity of the church, there are a limited number of candidates allowed at each Mass. Therefore, you are encouraged to choose your specified Mass date as soon as possible.
- A sign-up will be released via email for you to choose the Mass at which you would like for your child to be confirmed.
- When signing up for a Mass, please list your child's first and last name.
- Please do not count family members when signing up your child. Your child's name in the sign-up stands as the placeholder for your family/sponsor at that Mass.