8th Grade Confirmation Preparation
These requirements apply to all 8th graders who are interested in being confirmed at Holy Trinity in Spring 2020. A printable version of this information is available here. The 8th Grade Confirmation Schedule is available here.
Celebrating the Sacrament
Confirmation Masses will be held on Sunday, June 7th @ 3:00PM & Saturday, June 13th @ 5:30PM at Holy Trinity Catholic Church. Later in the preparation year, a sign-up will be released so you may choose which Mass you would like to attend. There will be limited spaces at each Mass, so you are encouraged to choose your specified date as soon as possible. Once a Mass time fills up, you will be assigned to a Mass based on space and availability.
8th graders may choose either their baptismal name or the name of a saint that has meaning to them.
The sponsor must be an active, fully-initiated member of the Catholic Church and over the age of 16. In light of the unity of Baptism and Confirmation, one of the baptismal godparents is appropriate as a Confirmation sponsor.
- Registration for Confirmation preparation is required for 8th graders who are interested in being confirmed at Holy Trinity in Spring 2020.
- Registration information can be found on the website under the Sacraments/Youth Confirmation tab.
- Please complete all three steps: ParishSoft, Supplemental Google Form, and payment.
- If an 8th grader attends Holy Trinity School or another Catholic school, please register for Confirmation preparation.
- If an 8th grader attends a public school or a non-Catholic private school, please register for religious education at Holy Trinity and Confirmation preparation.
- Attendance at a Catholic school or registration for religious education does not mean your 8th grader is automatically registered for Confirmation preparation.
In order for a child to be confirmed, it is important for us to have on record that they have been baptized.
- If your child was baptized at Holy Trinity, please email the day/month/year of their Baptism to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your child was baptized at another Catholic church, please email the name of the church, city/state, and the day/month/year of their Baptism to email@example.com.
- If your child was baptized in a different faith tradition and you would like for him or her to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faith Formation Component
All 8th graders should be consistently attending Sunday Morning RE classes or formal Catholic schooling.
All 8th graders should be consistently attending Sunday Mass at their local parish.
All 8th graders should attend:
- All scheduled Wednesday/Sunday evening Confirmation sessions. The session dates are listed on Holy Trinity’s online public calendar and on the 8th Grade Confirmation Schedule.
- The one day, off-site retreat in the spring
- The “Confirmation Conversation” in the spring
The service component for 8th grade follows the same format as the service component for 7th grade.
- Must serve at least four times throughout their 8th grade year. They may serve with one organization or they may serve with different organizations.
- Must fill out the 8th Grade Service Record Google Form each time service is complete. This form can be found under the Sacraments/Youth Confirmation.
- All records must be turned in by Fri. May 29th, 2020. At least four Google Forms must be submitted for each 8th grader.
- The main goal is to have either a comprehensive experience at one location or be exposed to a variety of services.
A list of service opportunities will be available on the website and through the Youth Ministry eLetter. Please check with outside organizations about their specific requirements before scheduling a time to serve.