Transform Lives. The Social Justice Ministry works to address the challenges facing the poor and most vulnerable in our community, at the border, and around the world. We also support parishioner work in the areas of restorative and racial justice, environmental justice, and promoting women’s voices.
In addition to your annual pledge, you may make directed contributions to the following:
- COVID-19 Fund. Contributions to this fund provide support services for individuals and organizations in the DC Metro area. This could be as simple as a $25 gift card or supplementing a food bank for a weekend.
- Georgetown Saturday Suppers. Contributions to this fund support the additional costs associated with operating during COVID (additional carry out supplies and security).
- HT Migrant Fund. Contributions to this fund support members of our migrant family locally. We also direct funds to partner programs at the border, i.e. Kino Border Initiative, Jesuit Encuentro Program, and Catholic Charities Rio Grande Valley. Funds raised may also supplement educational trips to the border.
You may also make tribute contributions and set up online recurring donations online.
Checks may be mailed to:
Social Justice Ministry
Holy Trinity Catholic Church
3513 N Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
*Please indicate the fund in the memo line of your check.
Please note that donations to the Social Justice General Fund are applied to operational expenses and not to programs. If you would like to make directed donations not identified above, please contact Ashley Klick. Thank you for your commitment to social justice and for being a parishioner for others.
COVID-19 Donations at Work
Thank you for your continued support through the COVID-19 Fund. This month funds have been used to:
- Purchase food and toiletries for Little Sisters of the Poor.
- Purchase PPE items for homeless shelter partners.
- Support Public Defender Service request to provide a gift card for a recently released returning citizen (age 75) to buy essential items before entering a homeless shelter. We also linked the client with our partners at Welcome Home.
- Support Public Defender Service request to release an impounded car for a client (sole possession).
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support the Social Justice Ministry and Holy Trinity School every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to us! Each quarter the donation is split between the school and social justice.
On your fist visit, enter Holy Trinity School (Washington, DC) as your preferred charity. Then every eligible purchase you make through AmazonSmile will result in a donation. Thank you!