7th Grade Confirmation Service Program
In 7th grade, students must serve four times and at least one of those times must be as part of a parish service opportunity. (Click here for requirements for 8th graders.)
The most important piece of this program is that the students experience different examples of service to the poor and vulnerable. Additionally, we’d like them to be exposed to different organizations with whom the parish works to serve and accompany the poor and vulnerable in our community.
- Saturday and Sunday Meals for the Homeless
- Holy Trinity coordinates weekly sit-down meals for the homeless in Georgetown. In addition to preparing and serving food, there are some light set-up and clean-up duties. For more information, contact Mike Conway, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are struggling to work in the offered opportunities, feel free to set up service with one of the organizations Holy Trinity serves with regularly, such as A Wider Circle, SOME and/or the Father McKenna Center
- Communion of Saints Dinner (set up, clean up)
- Lenten Simple Supper (serving, set up, clean up)
- First Eucharist Workshop (student helper)
- Altar server
- Choir member
Record each service activity
- Document service on the Confirmation Service Record form.
- Deadline: Confirmation registration in the summer before 8th grade
- Students should never be dropped off without adult supervision at a service opportunity.
- There must be 1 adult to every 4 minors.
- This is to be arranged by the parents.
- Family service is highly encouraged!
- Participants must be 13 to serve at the McKenna Center