Youth Confirmation Preparation Program
Holy Trinity's Youth Confirmation Program strives to prepare youth to be a disciple in community through liturgy, words, experiences, and actions.
Generally, youth begin preparation in 7th grade, and they are confirmed in the spring of their 8th grade year. The purpose of intentionally beginning the preparation process two years out is to encourage youth to begin to understand how they can respond to God’s call for holiness in their lives. This understanding is a part of a journey, and we are accompany youth as they develop a more intimate union with Christ and a deeper familiarity of their God-given gifts.
To learn more about preparation for 7th grade, click here.
To learn more about preparation for 8th grade, click here.
Rebecca Hoesterey, Coordinator of Youth Ministry
Prior to registering your child to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation at Holy Trinity, please consider the following:
- Has your child been baptized in the Catholic Church? If your child was baptized in a different faith tradition, please email Rebecca.
- Has he or she been enrolled in one of the following programs for both the 7th and 8th grade year?
- A Catholic school?
- A Catholic parish religious education program?
- 8th Grade: Has he or she completed the Confirmation preparation requirements for the previous year?
- Is he or she willing and able to commit to full participation in a Confirmation preparation program?
7th Grade: Please note that registration for Confirmation preparation is not required until the 8th grade year.
8th Grade: If your child is interested in being confirmed at Holy Trinity in Spring 2021, please note:
- If an 8th grade student attends Holy Trinity School or another Catholic school, please register for Confirmation preparation. Complete all three steps listed below.
- If an 8th grade student attends a public school or a non-Catholic private school, please register for religious education at Holy Trinity and Confirmation preparation. Registration for religious education may be found here.
- Attendance at a Catholic school or registration for religious education does not mean your student is automatically registered for Confirmation preparation.
Please complete all three steps:
- Register your child for sacramental preparation in ParishSoft.
- Complete the enrollment form for each child. This form is required in order to collect additional information not provided in the ParishSoft account.
- Complete the registration payment online ($100). If you pay by check, please mail your payment to: Holy Trinity Church c/o Youth Confirmation (3513 N St. NW, Washington, DC 20007).