Youth Confirmation Program
The Sacrament of Confirmation is the second of the three Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism being the first and Communion the third). Confirmation is regarded as the perfection of Baptism, because, as the introduction to the Rite of Confirmation states:
“… by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.”
Holy Trinity’s Confirmation program works to prepare our young people’s hearts for the Sacrament of Confirmation by teaching them through liturgy, words, experiences, and actions what it is to be a disciple in community.
In 7th grade (or the year before a child celebrates Confirmation), students are expected to participate regularly at Mass, attend Religious Education regularly (either at Holy Trinity or at a Catholic school) and participate in our 7th grade Confirmation service program.
In 8th grade (or the year a candidate celebration Confirmation), students are to expected to participate regularly in Religious Education (either at Holy Trinity or at a Catholic school) and take part in our Confirmation preparation program, which includes attending classes outside of the RE and completing a service component.
Students of high-school age who have not been confirmed who wish to prepare for the Sacrament of Confirmation are welcome to register for the confirmation program & indicate their grade. Click here for a calendar of events for the 2018-2019 year.
Does your son or daughter meet these requirements for preparation to celebrate these sacrament of Confirmation ?
- Has he/she been baptized in the Catholic Church?
- Has he/she been enrolled for at least two years (including the 2018-2019 school year) in:
- A parish school?
- A religious education program?
- An independent Catholic school?
- Has he/she been completed and documented the four service projects from seventh grade?
- Is he/she willing/able to commit to full and active participation in the program? (This includes completing written reflections, attending a full-day retreat and attending three two-hour sessions (outside of Sunday morning RE or Holy Trinity School class time)?
- Has he/she carefully considered who will be the sponsor? Learn about Confirmation sponsors here.
If the answer to all these questions is yes, then you can begin the preparation process!
What You Need to Register
Registering for the Confirmation preparation process is separate from RE registration.
- Health insurance information.
- Baptismal certificate (if not baptized at Holy Trinity). If baptized at Holy Trinity, you’ll need to provide the date of baptism on the supplemental information form.
- Confirmation sponsor’s name and contact information. Learn about sponsors here.
The deadline for registration is August 1, 2018.
Click this link to begin the registration process. You can also click “Youth Confirmation Sacramental Prep” under “Register” on the website’s navigation menu above.
Confirmation Preparation Program
The preparation program is a mixture of activities, and candidates are expected to make the time to attend all activities and complete all activities. Click here to see the calendar of events.
- Participate actively in group sessions that meet on either a weekday afternoon or a weekday evening. You will choose which session when you register. Candidates must attend all sessions.
- Submit a service proposal for the year. More information on what it should include can be found here. The candidate will submit his/her proposal online here.
- Choose a saint that is meaningful to them and write a reflection on him/her and turn it in by the deadline. Directions can be found here.
- Attend an all-day retreat.
- Engage in a one-on-one conversation with a confirmation team leader about the preparation process. We will send out sign-up information in the spring.
- Write a reflection of the service activities from the year. The candidate will submit the form online here.
- Select a date for Confirmation. We will send out sign-up information in the spring.